This 2 day course gives an insight to sailing for the newcomer or novice. The sheltered waters of the River Crouch are superb for this course. With the choice of anchoring overnight or visiting a marina the crew will gain basic experience in steering a yacht both under power and sail.
Course topics include:-
- Basic knowledge of sea terms, sails, parts of yacht and her rigging.
- Use of ropes, winches, cleats and introduction to knots.
- Steering a yacht under all points of sail, and, under power.
- Lookout keeping at sea.
- Sources of weather forecast.
- Man over board procedures.
- Lifejackets, clothing and safety harness etc.
- Emergency equipment and precautions.