The RYA Powerboat Level 2 course
This 2 day course covers boat handling and seamanship in powerboats’. Our superb Ribeye 585 rib and 90hp engine is a great teaching boat.
Practical content balanced with theory this fantastic course discusses:-
- Launch and recovery, sea state, hazards, trailer care, lee shores.
- Boat handling, trim, balance, load capacity, CE plate, effects of loading.
- On water awareness, look out keeping and safety.
- Low and high speed control of vessel.
- Engine checks, boat checks.
- Mooring alongside berth, marina boat handling.
- Approach/secure to mooring buoy.
- Rope work.
- Man overboard recovery.
- Pilotage, passage planning.
- Charts, symbols.
- Collision prevention (IRPCS).
- Tides, weather etc.
This course covers a lot over two days. After satisfactorily completion also qualifies the holder for the ICC powerboat up to 10 metres.