Mileage, confidence building and adventure sailing trips
People new to boating can justifiably be nervous about using it let alone getting on a boat and setting out on a passage and leaving sight of the shore. Consider gaining an insight from a skilled instructor on their own vessel before committing a lot of time and money in a vessel of your own. If you wish to build confidence on your own boat it may make sense to gain some initial experience and understanding of how your vessel works under the guidance of a qualified and experienced skipper.
Skippers building their RYA skills need qualifying mileages for example:-
- Day skipper = 5 days, 100 miles and 4 night hours.
- Coastal skipper = 15 days (2 as skipper), 300 miles and 8 night hours.
- Yachtmaster = 50 days (5 as skipper), 2,500 miles with 5 passages over 60 miles. 2 overnight passages with 2 as skipper.
See our Adventure Sailing page for details of current planned voyages. From simple overnight trips to longer passages. Some of the past places visited and passages made include:-
- Crossing Bay of Biscay.
- Sailing to Portugal around the Bay of Biscay visiting, Spain, France, and Brittany on the return leg.
- Full circumnavigation of the UK including the Orkney Islands, Hebride/Western Isles, Nth and Sth Ireland.
- Etc etc!