The RYA motor cruising and yacht master scheme Helmsman’s Course
The 2 day RYA Helmsman’s training course is a great way to gain skills and experience to commence your motor vessel training.
Boat safety, helming, boat handling and engine maintenance are just some of the areas covered. With the option of staying on board overnight experience a night at anchor or in a local marina.
A summary of the syllabus is detailed below:-
- Theory of vessel and hull types
- Engines and drive systems
- Engine checks and routine maintenance
- Safety and seamanship
- Collision avoidance regulations
- Boat handling, course holding
- Confined area manoeuvring
- Mooring, berthing and man overboard tuition