The RYA motor cruising and yacht master scheme COASTAL SKIPPER course.
This superb 5 day course with 4 nights aboard the vessel either at anchor or in a marina or harbour teaches more advanced skippering techniques for offshore and coastal passages. The training will (weather dependent) provide at least 2 passages over 60 miles duration including night passage making.
The student will have navigation skills up to Rya Coastal Skipper standard and around 15 days or more previous practical experience including 2 days as skipper at Rya Day Skipper level or above.
The 5 days concentrate on:-
- All aspects of passage planning
- Preparation for sea, including adverse weather planning
- Accurate pilotage techniques by day and night
- Skippering skill development
- Use of radar for collision avoidance, navigation and pilotage
- Emergency situations