The RYA Coastal Skipper shorebased course
Advanced training for more experienced skippers building on the Day Skipper course. This 40 hour course equips you to navigate safely on coastal and offshore passages. After some revision of the basics it moves on to more advanced navigation techniques.
Course topics include:-
- Position fixing.
- Course mapping and plotting.
- Tidal knowledge.
- Use of almanacs and admiralty publications.
- Taking and interpreting forecasts.
- Plotting weather systems.
- Weather predictions using a barometer and observation.
- Collision regulations.
- Customs and excise regulations for cruising abroad.