The RYA Advanced Pilotage course.
This two day course is specifically designed for skippers who wish to build their skills and confidence to a higher level.
The main focal points are pilotage techniques both in day light and at night.
There will usually be at least 4-6 hours night navigation, with passage making and entry into harbours, marina and restricted areas.
During this course you will:-
- Develop skills in traditional and electronic position fixing skills.
- Understand use of secondary sources of information to fix position.
- Learn how to build a pilotage plan using a range of techniques.
- Gain confidence in night time passage making.
- Be able to safely enter both lit and unlit harbours, creeks, marinas etc.
- Build on your Dayskipper level skills.
- Have a great time!